Talking to your doctor about erectile dysfunction is a huge step towards getting your sex life back, but it can be difficult. This guide is meant to help you prepare for your doctor’s appointment so that you can get back in the game as quickly as possible.
The first thing you need to do, of course, is prepare yourself mentally. If you are nervous to make an appointment with a doctor there are some things to remember:
- ED is a common issue – The doctors at Pinnacle Men’s Health have seen many other patients like you with the same problem and will not make you feel uncomfortable about your condition during your visit. There is nothing to be embarrassed about.
- ED is treatable – Your doctor will know how to treat your erectile dysfunction and can help you find the right treatment for your unique needs.
- You will feel great – When you receive treatment for ED in Pittsburgh, PA you can get your sex life back. Imagine how great that will feel as you make your appointment.
Your doctor will need some information from you in order to decide what treatment to prescribe for you. Make a few lists:
- Medications – Whether they are prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, or homeopathic remedies your doctor will want to know about every medication you take. ED can be a side effect of a medication, so your doctor will want to make sure this is not the case before prescribing another treatment.
- Symptoms – You’ll want to gather up facts about your ED symptoms. For example – when did you begin having issues? How often do you experience it? Do certain circumstances affect it?
- Personal Info – ED symptoms can be brought on by stress or other factors in your life. Be sure to think about any major changes that have taken place in your life recently, or anything that may be stressing you out. If you’ve been experiencing depression or anxiety, it is a good idea to inform your doctor of this as well.
Pinnacle Men’s Health is your resource for sexual health treatments in Pittsburgh, PA. When you’re ready to talk to a doctor about erectile dysfunction, give us a call.